Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well shit

So I came to post and realized that I completely forgot that today is Thursday. I don't know how that happened, save for the brain-zapping power of Lifetime Movie Network. Thursdays have been such re-energizing days for me, too. I'm such a moron.

Unlike Barbara, I am clawing, but I feel like I'm clawing the sand out of the sides of the pit and just burying myself further. Ugh. Ugh ugh.

Here's the piece I was going to post. Still on the paper people, not making much progress:

Steadily the paper people were dying. This is to say that the paper people were not dead or even acutely ailing, but that their demise was ever present, impending if not imminent, always over – not this horizon or the next – but maybe the next or the next beyond that. The paper people were dying from a slow fire, which was actually not a fire at all but a gradual embrittlement of their bodies caused by acid decay. Every morning, the paper people woke with this knowledge: On this day, too, I am decaying.


I'll take my flogging due to me. Sorry! Adam, I hope you enjoyed the Packer game. See, you're not a jerk at all. At least you gave warning about not showing up.

No comments: