Friday, August 17, 2007

Day 17--Still Chugging Along

I got a good start this afternoon but was interrupted by a nap, so didn't get my mango popsicle until after 7 PM. But the writing is going well, I hit on a possible reason for Naomi to leave so I can bring in Juan so there will be Hispanic dishes on the menu, plus I envision a very nice scene with him and his sweetheart that I don't want to miss. Crossed the 30,000 mark today! Woohoo!

Line of the day:
“You think Officer Bates is married?” she said over her shoulder. Naomi laughed. “Girl, do not tell me you think he is cute?” “He is not bad,” said Fay with a shrug, “he’s kind of scrawny, and I usually go for the beefier type, but he has a good job and I will bet he is not addicted to playing pool. He looks to me like a man who would treat a lady with some respect.” Naomi got the giggles. Fay frowned at her. “What are you laughing at?” “Just the picture of you and Officer Norman Bates, two scarecrows out on a date.” Her giggles turned to chuckles. “Or better still, you and him all tangled up between the sheets looking like a handful of toothpicks wrapped up in a napkin.”

Daily total: 1962 words
Running total: 31,818 words

I hope you feel better, Jenny. Anyone else have a bad reaction to the cheese last night?

No comments: