Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 30--Word Count

Truer words were never spoken, Bob. It has been a long, strange month. I said it last night and I'll say it again, I am so glad that I had the three of you struggling along with me this time. It made the battle a lot easier. I think, as a group and individually, we are ass-kickin' writers. We rock!

Jenny, your last ditch push to 50k is heroic. I know you're going to make it. Remember, by any means necessary.

Adam, you whip-wielding fool, you're amazing. Even when you downshift into gladiator mode. ;-)

Bob, the words that you have written this month have been so much richer in sensory detail than most of your previous writings, I am so glad to discover that somewhere in you are these awesome details clamoring to get out into the fresh air. What you read to us last night was just so beautiful and vivid I felt like I was right there. Thanks.

Line of the day:
She knew she would wear her favorite pencil legged jeans; she was slim, even skinny, so she could get away with tight tapered jeans that made other plumper women envious. She kind of enjoyed being the target of that envy. But what top to wear. It was fall so she supposed she could wear a sweater, but she was reluctant to give in to autumn just yet. It was too chilly at night to wear a tank top and at forty, oh all right, forty two, she was getting a little old to wear them anyway. Wait a minute, she could wear a tank top, one with spaghetti straps and put her new boat neck sweater over it. She had gotten the sweater at the thrift shop down the road and she loved it. It was heavy cotton knit, almost hand knit looking, in dark rose and teal, colors Fay loved. It had three quarter length sleeves, which were perfect for the warm evenings and cooler nights of this time of year. Now, which shoes?

Daily total: 1581 words
Running total: 52,891 words

See you tomorrow at 7-ish. Don will be home after 8 to make ice cream drinks! Yum.
Barbara

No comments: