Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Revised Day 22

So I was wrong. I wasn't done. Some stuff picked up and most of the loose ends are tied but one. That one should get me through to the end.

Since you all like to see Simon turning into a human being, here's one of my favorite sections from today:

At the funeral, her whole family would not speak to me. David’s family said nice things to me, but it was all very contrived and forced. They had not seen me in years, but none of them said a word about that.

I offered my condolences to all family members.

After they lowered the casket, Carolyn lost it. She balled uncontrollably for nearly half an hour. After she had regained her composure, she came over to me. Without a word, she put her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

I did not stay for the luncheon afterward.


I'm actually really sad for this whole thing.
Today had to be one of the toughest days of writing, but not because the words wouldn't come. I killed two of the five main characters. I created the most hellish nightmare yet. I made Simon more human and more demonic than he has ever been at separate times.

I'm not sure what else to say besides: keep chugging along.

Revised word count: 4439
Overall: 44,518

No comments: