Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 29--No "The End" In Sight

I still have no idea how I am going to write my way back to where I started this thing a month ago. It's going to take some fancy footwork (fingerwork?) to get Naomi off stage, have Brady hire Fay's nephew, and explain how he came to be in Stinson. Maybe if I sleep with Aunt Mame under my pillow I'll have a brain wave.

Line of the day:
. “How did you like the pie?” she asked. “I have to say that was the best blueberry pie I have ever eaten,” he said. “I will tell Naomi how much you liked it.” She motioned to the stack of go boxes on the counter under the pass through. “I could box a piece up for you to take home for after supper if you would like.” She straightened as if to go and do as she proposed. Norman saw his opening and for the first time in his life slid gracefully into it. “Well, I was wondering if you might like to have supper with me tonight. I know it is late notice and will understand if you have plans, but I thought we could grab a bite and maybe a drink or two. Get to know each other a bit.” Fay looked him up and down as if he were a side of beef or a used car she was considering buying. She looked at her watch as if she had someplace to be right at that very minute. “Man, it is kind of late, almost two o’clock.” She crossed her arms and looked appraisingly back at him. “I do not have any plans tonight. I suppose I could be convinced to have supper with you.”

Jenny, you are a brave woman to let Adam and his whip-wielding midget try to help you reach the goal. Adam, be gentle, or if you can't, at least be a gentleman. I'll call somebody's cell before I leave work tomorrow to check if you're at the Attic before I drive over.

Daily total: 1231 words (my second lowest day, after my zero day Monday)
Running total: 51,305 words

--Barbara

No comments: