Friday, August 24, 2007

Back in Backstory Land

There I was minding my own business, writing away last night, and I realized I had gone back into backstory land. Hmpf. It's not a bad thing, I mean, I wrote almost 1500 words at writer's, but I seem to be caught in a whirlpool of some sorts and the big story isn't moving forward. At the rate I'm going I wouldn't be done with this in another month. And I just can not do another month. Help! Somebody throw me a lifeline!

Keep plugging away, Bob. And throw us a line every once in a while. I have confidence in you.

We missed you, Jenny. The cheese wasn't the same without you.

Line of the day:
Fay wracked her brain for a way to phrase what she wanted to know most of all. “Um, do you plan to make a night of it?” Naomi looked at her as if she were nuts. “Well, I am not going to schedule another date for after ten o’clock. What are you thinking?” “Oh, no, no, I do not mean are you going to have another date.” “Well, what do you mean then?” Now it was Fay’s turn to nervously wring her hands. “I, well, I, uh, was just wondering if you and Brady were going to, well, you know.” Naomi drew herself up to her full height seeming to tower over the table and the now abashed Fay. “If you mean am I planning to sleep with Brady, my boss, on our first date, all I can say is you should be ashamed of yourself.”

Daily total: 1714 words
Running total: 42,535 words

One week from today is August 31st. It will be our last writing day for this seemingly endless challenge. Whew.

--Barbara

No comments: