Friday, July 8, 2022

Who Turned Off the Power?

There I was, minding my own business, on a Zoom with friends just before two o'clock when the power went out. I got a call from my tenant asking if I had power and I called the next door neighbor to ask the same. Then I called the power company to report the outage. Talked to a machine, not a person. So without power I had no internet or TV but I still had phone because my phone's not connected to the cable company. That was good so I could read an eBook or listen to an audiobook but instead I sat down to start drawing today's pictures since I'd spent the morning reading. The power came back on in about 45 minutes, evidently there was a problem with transmission equipment and a quarter of the county was without power.


The first thing I drew was this Nice Neanderthal. Um, it's okay, not someone I'd like to meet in a dark place but the drawing's okay.



Then I had my first 10-Step: Nature failure. This is supposed to be a pine cone. It doesn't look like a pine cone, I think it looks like a dragon fruit. Or something. Not a pine cone.


The daily art page said to explore all the marks you can make with watercolor and a single brush. LC was here so we each picked a brush and tried making marks. We had fun and this is as close as I got to making a watercolor painting today. I was too busy entertaining my beloved guest.



After LC left I logged onto the Friday Night Knitting Zoom and got to knitting on the dishcloth I cast on last night. I was too tired and my eyes were too burny to tackle the brioche hat so I just stuck with the simple garter stitch cotton cloth. I find the colors of the yarn interesting but question the color name, which is Sunrise Ombre. None of the sunrises I've seen have had any of these colors. Maybe it has the wrong label?


I spent the morning reading a book so I didn't find anything to toss. It was raining when I woke up and it just seemed like a day to read.

--Barbara

No comments: