Sunday, July 24, 2022

Knitting & Beer!

I got a text from my friend CS this morning asking if anyone was available to knit this afternoon. I fired right back that I was. When and where? 12:30 at Zambaldi, came the answer. So I packed up my brioche hat project and a skein of cotton yarn to start another washcloth and I was ready to go. I got my usual half beer and spent the first part of the afternoon adding two rounds to my brioche hat but it took too much concentration to knit, talk, and drink so I put it away and started the washcloth.



While I waited to go, a Downy Woodpecker came to visit the feeder. OJ asked me the other day why the woodpecker wasn't visiting the woodpecker food and I couldn't tell him the answer. I guess it's tired of a diet of suet and bugs.


The next picture in the 3-D book was called Oooops! It's salt and pepper shakers with spilled milk in the background. The shakers were surprisingly challenging to draw but I finally worked out the geometry of the bases and got the job done.



I made a gratitude journal page today, mostly because I didn't drag out a couple other drawing books and felt guilty for only drawing one thing.


I made another lily painting and this one isn't very good either. I've got to figure out how to paint the arching leaves of the lilies without making a smeary mess of it. I'll keep trying, I guess.



Here's how far I got on the washcloth. The name of the colorway is Teal Meadow which seems like a better name than the last couple yarn color names.


That's it for my day. I spent the evening watching TV and not knitting, just staring at that lighted rectangle and zoning out.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Shy woodpecker today and the salt, pepper and milk drawing has Kilroy peeking in! Cute.