Thursday, July 14, 2022

Cleaning Day

I spent most of the day cleaning the house and getting ready to host knitting tonight so I don't have any bird, squirrel, or asparagus pictures to share. I sliced a little wedge of Gouda cheese that I spread on a plate with some fancy water wafer crackers and mounded homemade roasted red pepper hummus in a bowl surrounded by veggies to dip in it. KE brought ham roll-ups, you know, dill pickles spread with cream cheese then rolled in a ham slice and cut into slices. They're so good. CS brought some delicious shortbread bars and fresh cherries. We didn't starve.  I also stopped into Zambaldi for a couple little growlers (I think they're called howlers) of beer to serve. DS was cleaning but stopped for a few minutes to fill the jugs and have a short visit but I could see that he was busy so I moved right along.



I loved drawing the next thing in the 3-D book. It's a Noisy Nest and was a blast to draw. I worked away at it and realized that an hour had passed while I happily scribbled away.


 

Being in a bird mood, I pulled out Draw Like An Artist and tackled the
next bird which was a Peregrine Falcon. It turned out okay, I think.


For the watercolor of the day I tried my hand at a Ladyslipper Orchid wildflower. It didn't go nearly as well as the two bird pictures but I guess I can't have everything go my way. I think I need to find a different picture of that flower to paint from, one that shows the flower more than the surrounding leaves and litter.


I had it in mind that I would knit on my brioche hat tonight when the knitters were here but at the last minute I decided that wasn't the best idea. Too easy to make a mistake while talking.  So I pulled out my dishcloth and knitted on it. To be honest, there was a lot more talking than knitting tonight. On a side note, does this look anything like a sunrise to you? That's the name of the color--Sunrise Ombre--but it doesn't look like any sunrise I've ever seen. Obviously mislabeled.


This morning I hauled the box of kids' books out to the car and went over to Fireman's Park where there is a kids-only Little Free Library and I put in as many of the books as would fit, then I took the rest of them and the other tosses to Goodwill which is right across the street.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The birds are definitely the stars of the show today. Especially that noisy nest! And no that color is not the sunrise. I actually saw the sunrise the other day and it looked nothing like that.