Thursday, July 21, 2022

I Didn't Dance

I met DS, DIL1, and OJ at the Botanical Garden for their weekly free concert tonight. The band was Big Mouth & the Power Tool Horns, one of our favorites and they played at DS & DIL1's wedding. OJ spent the time running around like a crazy person with a few friends, playing hide and seek and checking out the little learning crates positioned around the garden. The music was toe-tapping but I didn't dance. Next time I'll take a chair, I'm too blamed old to sit on the ground for two hours.



This morning I went down to the library wondering if there'd be any books to sort. A couple Thursdays ago I got skunked, got there and the tables were swept clean. Not today. Today there was barely any free table space to sort into. I was there alone for about a half hour and then another volunteer arrived. We sorted and sorted and barely moved a third of the books in two hours. I couldn't stay longer because two hours is as long as you can plug the meter, well, pay on an app on your phone, and besides my back was killing me. 


The pink-ish, coral-y day lily is still blooming. It's such a pretty color, kind of raspberry and in certain lights it looks orange-ish. I should paint it, if I can mix the right paint color.



The Black-eyed Susans open new flowers every day and they last for more than a day, unlike the lilies.


I had a surprisingly easy time drawing the next figure in the 3-D book. He called it "Okey Dokey" and it took me quite a while to realize that it's two left hands.



The next thing in 10-Step: Nature was a deer, a white-tailed deer. It was fun to draw and challenging to color so that it looked like it had hair. The hardest part was drawing the antlers trying to make them symmetrical and goblet shaped. I don't think I succeeded.


Today's watercolor is some of the Black-eyed Susans. I think I'm getting better at the greens.


I didn't toss anything at home today but I did toss a boatload of old, broken, and inappropriate books at the library so I'm counting those. The hardest things to toss are outdated business books and day-by-day inspirational books. They don't sell so they get the heave-ho.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

So many books! A daunting task to go through all those -- especially after sitting on the ground the night before. No wonder your back hurt!