Tuesday, July 26, 2022

First of the Season

I went to the Sunny Hill Farm stand this morning looking for blueberries and another kohlrabi. Those things were there and I got the biggest kohlrabi I've ever seen. It was about the size of a cantaloupe! I had to get out the big knife to cut it into slabs and then into sticks for easy eating.



But the big surprise was the wagon heaped with the first sweet corn of the season. I picked out three ears to bring home and had one for supper. It was delicious. I was dismayed to realize that on the new WW plan corn evidently doesn't count as a (free) vegetable, an ear costs 3 points. Oh well, I can work that into my plan but maybe not every night until corn season is over like other years.


I didn't feel much like drawing today so I only managed to get the next figure in the 15-Minute Artist book down on paper. This anchor is not my best work. I didn't get the shading right but couldn't manage the gradations of tone that the example showed.



Then I turned to the next face in 10-Steps: People because I wanted to color something. I'm kind of happy with the way this turned out.


I spent most of the afternoon on the couch watching shows that I'd DVR'd and working a few rounds on the brioche hat. I'm about halfway to the crown decreases. Still a lot of rows to go, about 60 I figure, so I won't worry about decreasing anytime soon.


I didn't paint today and didn't paint yesterday. I got so frustrated with the outcomes the last couple days that I'm taking a break. Besides I can't think of anything to paint.

Today's toss was a pair of "fashion" Crocs that I never wear because they're pink and lime green. I like the lime green part but not the pink. I'm not a pink person. I ordered a pair of red Keen sandals today (thanks, Lala!) so I needed to make room in my shoe rack for another pair anyway.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That kohlrabi looks like a vegetable from outer space. Hope you didn't have to pay by the pound! But ohhhhh all that corn. I see deliciousness in your future -- even if it means giving up points somewhere else. Nothing like "right from the stalk" corn. Enjoy!!