Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The End of a Long Day

The light pulled me outside as I was closing the drapes before coming back here. The very air looked golden so I stepped out onto the porch to enjoy the sky.



I walked around the yard this morning looking to find flowers to take pictures of and was lucky enough to be standing in front of the Spiderwort when a bee bumbled up and started investigating the flowers. I got her! She's not in the sharpest focus but I was happy to be able to crop it down so that you can see her working away at collecting pollen.


The Stella d'Oro lilies are really blooming these days. This plant in particular has lots of flowers coming and going.



The next drawing in the 3-D book was this alien he called Neptune Ned. I confess I skipped over a drawing of the space shuttle; I just didn't want to draw it.


I'm still working on drawing parts of the face. I might be getting better. I think I'm too close to it to be a good judge.



I was kind of stumped for what to paint today so I scrolled back in blog entries to find a picture of Nicotiana that I hadn't painted. I had an idea of how I wanted the painting to turn out and it kind of did.


After supper I sat down and finished the Seagull washcloth. I was almost three-quarters finished so it didn't take very long to decrease down to three stitches, bind off, and then weave in my ends.


I don't know why I thought today was a long day. I had plenty of time to read and draw and even stare aimlessly into space. I neglected to find something to toss today too.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That sky!! And I'm glad you caught the busy bee -- even if it's a little fuzzy.