Thursday, July 7, 2022

They Like Corn?

I glanced out the patio door and saw a Downy Woodpecker land on the cob corn and peck away at it. I didn't know they liked corn. For once the picture taken all the way across the backyard is almost in focus. At least you can see that it's a Downy.



I've been trying to add a couple rounds to the Brioche Hat every day. I don't always manage it, like yesterday I didn't trust my eyes so I gave it a pass, but today I added about six rounds and I think it looks markedly bigger. It is officially 3.5" on its way to being 11" so only 7.5" to go. I'm going to try my hand at knitting on it at Friday Night Knitting but I cast on another washcloth just in case.


Drawing went okay today. The lesson in the 30 Minutes book was to draw a cell phone. Not much of a challenge although there was a tip on making the perspective right so I did learn something.



Then I flipped to the next page in 10-Step: Everyday Things and I don't think it went well. I couldn't get the curves of the chairs symmetrical and the legs on the table aren't right. It got to the point where I just got out a colored pencil, colored it in, and called it a day.


I'm happier with today's watercolor. It's laundry. I don't know what made me want to paint a wash line but it popped into my head and wouldn't leave me alone.



I went down to the library this afternoon to sort books and there wasn't one book on the to-be-sorted table so I drove over to Zambaldi to visit with DS. He was cleaning the slushie machie instead of brewing beer. I wish there was a way to contact the library to find out if there are books before I drive downtown and pay for an hour's parking. Ah well.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I like your clothesline painting the best today. Looks like summertime. We're off to see the boys this weekend. Quick trip. I'm saying it's a birthday celebration for us!!!