Saturday, July 30, 2022

Look!

My new red Keen sandals came today! I opened the box and put them on immediately. Now I have red shoes appropriate for each season. My life is complete. Lala found them online and showed them to me. I had to have them. They're Keens, they'll last for years and years.



I was entertained and amused by the next figure in the 3-D book. It's a dinosaur with a thorn in its foot. Who thinks of stuff like that? I wasn't in a drawing mood so that's the only thing I drew today.


The daily art page said to make repeating patterns in the blanks between the stripes on this page. I glued some dots in the widest one and used brush pens to make patterns in the others. I'm really enjoying working through this book page by page.



I decided to paint the other squirrel in Durer's painting from the Page-a-day calendar. This one isn't as successful as yesterday's squirrel and my attempt to paint whiskers is a flop. It looks like he's eating a spider.


Today's toss was an old photo stock book that I had stuffed in a cubby in a closet. I saw a corner of it yesterday and pulled it out--and threw it out today. Well, recycled it.

Can you believe that tomorrow's the last day of July already? I noticed tonight that it's now full dark at 9 o'clock in the evening. That's crept up on me. Only one more month and it'll be my birthday. Already. Time sure flies.

I spent most of the afternoon and all evening binge watching episodes of Last Tango in Halifax. I'm definitely hooked. I'm starting the second season next. I should look up how many seasons there are. I could be at this for a while.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the red shoes. Some things just call your name and those certainly have "Barbara" written all over them.