Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year!

Part of me can't believe that this is the end of 2021 and part of me is glad to see the back of it. I took the Christmas tree down this morning which took less time than I thought it would but then I only hung about half of the ornaments on it this year. One thing that I didn't show you was the Charlie Brown tree that stands on the vanity in the bathroom. I'm not posting a picture of my bathroom so I moved it into the living room before taking that down too.



The male Cardinal was back at the platform feeder this morning. There were a few Sparrows around and a Chickadee or two darting in and out. A pair of squirrels battled over possession of the suet pellets. The fattest squirrel won.


After supper some bunnies were hopping around under the feeders and I managed to get a picture of one of them without the flash. I don't know how that worked but it did. I knew there were bunnies around because I saw some rabbit raisins out there when I went out to fill the birdbath.



Today's drawing in the 3-D book was a canyon. I think it turned out okay but didn't take the time to add any extras. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I got through another eyelet section on the DK Shawl. Somehow I've ended up with two extra stitches so I'll only increase on one of the next six rows instead of on three of them. That will get me back to the correct number of stitches without my having to go back and figure out where I went wrong. This variegated yarn is so busy that I think that it hides my booboos well.

I tossed another season of Bones today. Buh-bye!

The prompt today said to list five uses for a paper cup. Let's see, get a drink, make a sand castle, plant a seed, hold a small snack, water a plant.  That's my five.

I've been hearing far-off fireworks this evening but know that I'll be asleep when the midnight fireworks are shot off at the Titletown District. Happy New Year!

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

How about a make-believe telephone with two paper cups and a string? Great drawing of the canyon. I think you're a natural. Happy New Year to you too. Gotta be better than last year. But didn't we say that at the end of 2020? Oh well, I'm saying it again and it better come true this time or I'm going to be mad!