Saturday, January 1, 2022

Day One of a Whole New Year

Today was a quiet day as befits the beginning of a new year. It was darned cold too--topped out at 17 degrees--so going outside was a challenge of piling on warm clothes. I got to go collect eggs and even the chickens were snug in their roost, not pecking around out in the coop.



There were two eggs, one big one and one little one. One of the chickens is a small one, a bantam maybe, and it lays little eggs. I guess two or three of these eggs counts for one of the big ones.


Drawing was fun today. I'm still on the "C" chapter so the figure of the day was a castle using two point perspective. I added Rapunzel and Prince Charming on his horse. I'm getting braver at adding my own extras.



For additional practice I drew another lesson in the Draw Squad book. These are getting easier every time I draw them. That's the purpose of practice, Barbara. Duh.


This squirrel was the only wildlife brave enough to venture out in today's cold. I didn't blame it one bit for chowing down on the fatty suet pellets. Gotta stoke up.



Since the weekend writing retreat was cancelled our Fearless Leader has put out a call for three pages of new writing. She plans to compile it into a single document and send it out so we'll get a chance to see each other's writing at the very least since we can't see each other in person. Damned pandemic. So I sat down this evening and pounded out three pages of a scuba dive. I worked to add in sensory detail but need to go back through and jazz it up if it needs it.


Today's toss was Season 4 of Bones. Hey, I had 5 seasons and I'm stretching them out so I don't have to go digging for something else to toss.

I forgot to write the prompt today but I worked on writing twice so that counts, right?

Since it's the first I put fresh sheets on the bed and fresh towels in the bathroom. I even washed and folded the sheets. Oh wait, I forgot to go down and fold the second set. Ah well, I can do that tomorrow while I'm resting--and staying warm because it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow. Brrr.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Winter in Green Bay. Guess you have to expect those low temperatures, but that doesn't mean you have to like them. Glad the chickens -- and you -- could stay warm inside.