Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Two More

Two more recipes today. First thing I got the Chicken, Mushroom, Brown Rice Casserole into the slow cooker and bubbling away (well, eventually). This recipe makes eight servings so it's a bonus one.



After lunch I whipped up a batch of Chickpea Curry. I always love making that, it makes the house smell so good when it's cooking, and after too.


Once I got the slow cooker filled I went to ALDI for fruit. Wednesday is ad day and today they had Cara Cara oranges. Have you ever had those? They're juicy and sweet and in the stores for a very short time. I recommend them.


Watercolor today involved painting stripes on a sketchbook page and then dabbing in other colors to bleed with the stripe color. I had trouble getting dark enough paint or having the stripe dry too quickly so that paints didn't bleed together. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow with more water and pre-moistened paints. Then she had us draw circles on a sheet of paper and paint them with contrasting colors, again wet in wet so that the colors bled together.  I wasn't so successful at that either. Guess I need more practice. Tomorrow.



After making the chickpea curry I hauled out the drawing things and drew the figures of the next lesson in the Draw Squad book. I was going to do the next 3-D page but it's the beginning of the E pages and all the different versions of the letter E. I'll save that for tomorrow, I think. 



Today's toss was another handful of spatulas. I was looking in the guest bedroom cedar chest for more things to toss and ran across a stack of greeting cards. I was going to toss them but then realized that they were all from Durwood.  I loved seeing his handwriting again. I'm not ready to toss those just yet.

The prompt today (yes, I did one!) asked if your walls could talk, what would they say? Mine would talk about a woman who spends a lot of time sitting at the kitchen table drawing, painting, and looking out the patio door.

I've decided that if it's overcast the birds stay away. The only bird I saw today was a lone Chickadee. The only squirrel I saw was this white-bellied one perched on top of the cob corn crook. More might have come but I was kinda busy today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That squirrel looks like its posing to have its picture taken. Good one. If my walls could talk I think they'd wonder why they're the colors they are. Some day maybe we'll have the place painted -- but not any time soon.