Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday Birdies

The birds were active today. First I saw a pair of House Finches in the platform feeder. Then a Downy Woodpecker landed on the other side of the suet cakes feeder and all I saw was the end of its tail. I waited and waited hoping that it would decide to move to my side of the feeder but it didn't.



A pair of Chickadees landed on the crooks before swooping in for a couple seeds. I managed to capture one of them perched on a crook but the other one flew away on me.


This Sparrow flitted from the birdbath to the Adirondack chair and then to the honeysuckle where he finally sat long enough to have his picture taken.



I drew the Elephant again today. I'm determined to ingrain it in my memory and hand so that I can draw it when I want to, then I drew the Eagle which was easier than I thought it would be when I looked at what was next. I am so glad that I have one of those stick erasers because I do a lot of erasing when I'm drawing.


Today's toss was another plant book, this one a thick volume of annuals and perennials.

I didn't do the prompt today. Instead I portioned out pretzels and M&Ms into 2 point snack bags and listened to an audiobook.

We got an inch or so of fluffy snow overnight. I planned to shovel it but my neighbor did my driveway when he did his. He said he liked being out in the sunshine and was bundled up. Wasn't that nice of him?

This evening I went on Netflix and cued up the new movie, Don't Look Up, with Leonardo diCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence. I stuck with it for an hour and a half and finally had to turn it off. Not my kind of movie.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your nice neighbor's comment about being out when it's sunny is just what I thought when I went out for the paper this morning. And we've got GB temp --43 degrees but it feels like 37!! But it's bright and sunny. Wintertime in FM!! Love the shot of the chickadee.