Friday, January 14, 2022

Dismount

It was so cold and so windy today that I wasn't surprised not to see many birds or squirrels at the feeders. I did spy a squirrel at the suet pellets and caught it just as it let go. OJ calls them "greedy squirrels." I think he's right on the money with that one.



I had some drawing help today so I was forced to draw from my imagination. This first page is just a collection of little pictures that I was encouraged to color. We have some confetti crayons that I used to great effect, I think.



Then I decided to draw a bird and a lily. Not bad. No painting today, too many small hands in the way.



For lunch for the small hands I made my signature Cornbread, Carrot, Cheddar Waffles. They are requested by my assistants on each visit. What started as a way to get a toddler to eat protein and veggies is now a staple at Meemaw's house. Makes me feel good that they like them so much.


At Friday Night Knitting I started a new Sunset Doublethick Washcloth. This is my favorite pattern for a cloth to use in the shower. I haven't made a new one in a while. It's time.


Didn't toss anything, didn't write a prompt, I was a little distracted today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love it that you have something special to eat at MeeMaw's house. And it's something healthy. Good for you as an artist and a MeeMaw!!!