Friday, January 21, 2022

Not Quite As Cold

It got up to 18 degrees today. Balmy! And it was still sunny so the House Finches came to visit the feeder this morning. They had it all to themselves, no bossy Cardinal to chase them away. I took a picture of a Junco on the birdbath but it was in the shade and the bird all but disappeared.



I redrew the elephant today. I want to draw it enough that I remember how to draw it without having to look at the pictures in the book. Then I drew the next E creature. He calls it Eek. I don't know what it is but it was fun to draw.


I pulled out a loose sheet of watercolor paper and tried my hand at another fish picture only this time I painted seaweed first, let it dry, and then painted a big fish swimming onto the page, only my paint didn't stay wet long enough for the colors to bleed. I'm rather happy with how it turned out.



At Friday Night Knitting I worked on the Sunset Doublethick Washcloth.  I'm planning to keep knitting on it until I run out of yarn, or almost run out of yarn. Zoom was frustrating today. I kept freezing and getting kicked off. I rebooted twice and reconnected about four times and still had trouble with it so I gave up and signed off. Now that I'm not on Zoom my connection seems to be stable. Grrr.


Today's toss was another gardening book, this one about plants that attract bees.

The prompt today said to write in dialogue about a reunion that goes wrong so I wrote about college sweethearts that reconnect. Things don't go well.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad it "warmed" up a bit. I'm thinking of the football game up there tonight. How those guys can play when it's that cold is unbelievable. Still glad it's a home game for the Pack. Love your fish in the seaweed. Looks very tropical.