Sunday, January 2, 2022

Deep Freeze

Oh mercy, but it's cold today. The mercury shot up to 18 degrees and the sun shone brightly all day but there was a peppy little breeze that made it feel in the single digits. I only went out to get the newspaper this morning and to fill the birdbath, otherwise I stayed inside and stayed warm. I did poke my nose out when I took this picture of sundown but it made me glad that I wasn't planning to go to the Packer game. No one could convince me to sit outside on aluminum benches for three hours freezing my butt off and watching a football game.



The male Cardinal showed up this morning and posed nicely in the sunshine.


The Downy Woodpecker was slightly less cooperative when it landed on the suet pellets. It finally hung underneath the feeder so I could get a fairly decent shot of it. It's too cold to go out to refill the feeder. I'll wait until it warms up into the 30s in a couple days.



I drew another lesson from the Draw Squad book today. It wasn't a great day, mood-wise, so I didn't tackle a more challenging drawing from the 3-D book.



Today's toss was Bones Season 5. Now I have to find something else to toss. That shouldn't be a problem. I still have too much stuff.

The prompt today asked what is your biggest waste of time. Heh, watching TV for hours on end. I don't do it often but when I do I usually make a day of it. Terrible waste of time.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I didn't watch the entire game sitting in my cozy living room. I'm definitely a fair weather fan. When they didn't score a TD the first two times in the red zone, I gave up. But so glad to see the final score this morning. Stay warm inside but the birds thank you for filling the birdbath.