Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Woodpecker Day

I don't know if one Downy Woodpecker visited three times or three separate Downy Woodpeckers visited once each but I enjoyed seeing the woodpecker in the sunshine this morning. It feasted on the suet pellets twice and then visited the suet cakes once but that shot was in the shade and therefore murky.



I unpinned the DK Shawl from the blocking pads and wires and all of the edges lay down nice and flat now. Hopefully it'll stay that way until next August when I can take it to the Fair.


Today I painted the official fish in my sketchbook. They turned out okay. The next unit is about making different marks on the paper with thick paint and different tools, letting it dry, and then cutting out shapes to make a collage. I'm not excited about that. Maybe I'll watch the next video and see what's coming up. Hope it's more painting and less crafting.



I had a blah kind of day. Not really in the mood to do much of anything (besides snack, which I did too much of) so it was late in the day when I pulled out the drawing pad and Draw Squad book. I drew the six figures in the next lesson and left it at that.


For quite a bit of the afternoon and evening I knitted on the Black & White Sock. I added at least an inch to the leg of the sock and then I added a few rows to the Sunset Doublethick Washcloth too but I only took a picture of the sock.



I spent my Christmas gift certificate from DS and family the other day and my alpaca yarns came today. I got six skeins of the creamy white and three skeins of the gray. I envision making a hat with a stripe and maybe matching mittens. Alpaca is so soft, I love it.



Today's toss was a bag of mission figs that had gone bad, well, fermented in the back of the cupboard. I told you that I was in a snacking mood so I was looking through the cabinets and found the figs. One whiff told me that I was too late. Out they went.

The prompt today said to write a story that ends with "and then he woke up." So I wrote about a man chasing bad guys through his castle waving his sword and protecting his vassals, being all heroic, but then he woke up and was back to being nine years old.

I got a call from DS this evening that he has COVID again. He said he doesn't even have a headache or a cough but tested positive, the only one in the family to do so, again. It was just about a year ago when he had it the first time. What a pain. 

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

It seems like Covid is never going away. I hate it that DS has it AGAIN! There should be a law against that.