Thursday, January 20, 2022

At Least The Sun Shone

It's so cold. I had to go out this evening and when I was coming home my car's thermometer said that it was 3 degrees. Three. Degrees. That is just brutal. When it's that cold I have to wear a hat in the car to stay warm and my wool mittens don't really do the job. Bloody cold. At least it was sunny today.

The Downy Woodpecker came back this afternoon and spent some time on the suet cakes. This one was a male, I can tell by the red swoop across the back of its head, and it acts like it owns the place. Funny how a bird can display arrogance with just its body language.



Speaking of arrogant, the Cardinal was back this morning and he was up to his old selfish ways, driving off other birds when they tried to land on the feeder with him.


A small flock of Juncos came to the backyard this morning too. They stayed in the shadow of the house so everything has that blue, underwater look about it. I'm impressed that the bunnies that visit at night left some seed for the ground feeding birds.



Instead of drawing out of a book today I drew an underwater scene with an angelfish and some coral. Not too bad. OJ and I drew tonight after supper. I'm getting braver to just think of something and then draw a line around it.


Today's toss was a garden book. I'm going to have the garden removed and seeded over into grass next spring. I realized last summer that I gardened for Durwood and really don't have the motivation to do it anymore so I'll get rid of my gardening books too.

Once again I sat staring out the patio door and didn't crack open the prompt book. I watched the next couple painting videos and can't decide what my next move is.

I got to go watch LC and OJ in swim lessons tonight. They're doing quite well but I felt bad taking their wet heads out into the freezing dusk. Good thing I knit them hats.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Three degrees??? I cannot wrap my head around that. And speaking of heads, good you've knitted caps for the kids. Wet heads and cold weather don't go together. Nice freestyle drawing. I'm enjoying it as much as you are and without lifting a finger.