Saturday, January 15, 2022

Nobody Showed Up

Yesterday afternoon I filled the peanut wreath and I think some squirrels visited yesterday but not one squirrel came today. There are just as many peanuts in there this evening as there were this morning. Evidently the word hasn't gone out among the squirrel population.  Maybe tomorrow.



I woke up thinking about the next watercolor challenge (layering colors letting them dry in between) so after breakfast and yoga I got my watercolors out and dove in. I very intelligently started with a couple loose pages so that when I got to my sketchbook I had mostly worked out the mistakes. I'm not comfortable with the loosey-goosey "just make marks on the paper" directions she gives but I tried and I don't think I did too badly.


My knitting friend CS lent me her blocking wires so I went downstairs today and weaved the wires through the stitches on the two straight sides of the DK Shawl, then squirted it so that it was wet and will dry straight. That's the plan anyway. This is my first time using blocking wires. They sure make it easier to have a straight edge on your knitted item.



The next watercolor assignment is painting pages of fish (wet on wet with contrasting colors) so I got out my old fish ID book and used the shape drawings in the front of the book to copy. I cut pieces of paper approximately the same size as my sketchbook pages so I've got something the right size to look at when painting time comes. I have lots of loose sheets so I can start there again before diving into the sketchbook pages. Whew.


After supper I decided to inaugurate one of my new drawing sketchbooks (because I used the last page in the old one for my fish drawing) by drawing the figures in the next lesson in the Draw Squad book. The paper in the new book is nice to draw on. Thanks, DD!


Today's toss was the last of the oversized spatulas. Maybe that is the end of them.

The prompt today said to write about a world event from the perspective of a seven year old so I pretended that I was LC and wrote about Mom and Dad's new business and being in virtual school during a pandemic. No imagination required.

I think I have to do laundry tomorrow. I'm almost out of socks. Maybe I can stretch it another day but I'll probably just get it over with.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Today is laundry day for me too. Remember when Sunday was designated a day of rest? Love all your drawings and sketches.