Monday, January 17, 2022

Practice Fish

 I'm nervous about painting fish in my sketchbook so I dug out a couple loose sheets of paper approximately the same size as the pages and painted some practice fish. This was my first attempt. First I had to look up how to make gray from colors (mix red, blue, and yellow but be careful because too much red makes brown) and then squirt out paint on a big palette so I had a lot of paint to get wet enough. I had too much paint on my first try (upper left) but once it dried I kind of like it.



After supper I tried again. That one's not dry yet so I haven't had the chance to use colored pencils to put in the eyes and other details. 


No birds showed up again even though the sun came out for part of the afternoon but this squirrel spent some time leaping up to the suet cakes for a nibble.



I visited Zambaldi this morning and it was a brewing day. Brewing makes the place smell kind of like a bakery. I got to taste the new hazy IPA made with Wisconsin grown hops.  It has a wonderful citrus aroma and flavor. It was good to spend a little while visiting with DS and finding out how their anniversary weekend went. He said they had a nice crowd and lots of compliments. Good. Now people just need to keep coming during the slow months of winter. Since the next Packers game is on Saturday I think I'll see if I can rustle up a knitting afternoon at the taproom next Sunday.


I've been adding a few rows here and there to the Sunset Doublethick Cloth. I'm in no hurry and I find myself riveted to Bridgerton when I sit down to watch. Oh well.


Instead of digging around for something to toss I went to the grocery after my visit to the brewery. I didn't crack open the prompt book or the drawing books either. Just didn't have the oomph.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Fifty degrees in Ft. Myers this morning!!! I feel like I'm in GB. Well not really. But that's pretty chilly for us. Sun's out so no complaints. I'm impressed with your water coloring. It sounds complicated but your fish look good.