Thursday, January 13, 2022

Try Again

This afternoon I pulled out my watercolors, spritzed every little pan so the paint was activated, and tried yesterday's exercise again on a separate sheet. My first stripe dried too quickly but then I got the hang of having more water on the brush so the stripes stayed wet for the added paint to bleed into. I'm going to cut up the paper and stick it into my sketchbook. I also opened the sketchbook to the back cover and made a dot of every color of paint in both of my palettes. I'll label the ones that I know the names of, just to have a reference.



I rewatched the video of the next watercolor exercise and instead of drawing something out of the 3-D or Draw Squad books I sketched out the birds that I'll need for the next painting. I'm nervous about whether I'll be confident enough to be free with my brush strokes. I can always try on a separate sheet of paper and then do it again in the sketchbook. Yeah, maybe I'll do that.


Today's recipe was the last one of this bout of Investment Cooking. It was Salisbury Steak. I can't decide if I like the fragrance of frying beef patties or chickpea curry better. Now I have 47 suppers in the freezer. Man, that makes me feel good.



The female Cardinal flew to the platform feeder this morning and let a pair of House Finches share the seed. I admire her willingness to allow other birds there when she's there, not like the male Cardinal that chases away all comers.



I knitted tonight with a few friends and finished the Sunset Washcloth. All I have to do now I weave in the ends and it'll be ready to wash dishes. I'll probably cast on another washcloth tomorrow night. It was a quick and easy project.


Today's toss was a few big spatulas.

Didn't do the prompt today. I paged through the book but didn't find one that tripped my trigger.

--Barbara

No comments: