Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Quieter Now

I got my car back this afternoon and it's much quieter and less stinky now that it has a new muffler and pipe. I hadn't noticed the gradual increase in sound until I walked around the car when it was running and it had a kind of rumble and not a cool, Harley type rumble. When I smelled exhaust inside is when I stopped and made an appointment. It didn't cost an arm and a leg either. Whew.


The squirrels are concentrating on consuming as much of the suet as they can get these days. This squirrel skips jumping from the ground to the birdbath and then to the suet feeder by jumping straight up and grabbing the feeder on the fly. Pretty acrobatic of it.



This is the last figure in the C chapter of the 3-D book. It's a cobra. I enjoyed drawing it and its friend in the basket.



Then I dashed off the figures of the next lesson in the Draw Squad book. I liked drawing the little puff ball creature so much that I drew it again before pressing onward. One of these days I'll draw something not in a book. Maybe.



Every day/night I add a few rows to the DK Shawl. It doesn't look a whole lot different because the yarn colors are so busy they hide the pattern stitches but you can see them if you look closely. I'm about three quarters of the way through but every other row gets longer by one stitch. You would be surprised how quickly that adds up.


Today's toss was a pair of salt & pepper shakers that look like two halves of a trout. I might have kept them if they were tropical fish but freshwater fish aren't my thing.

The prompt today said to list everything on your desk. I ran out of steam listing everything because my desk is so cluttered, uh, filled with good, important stuff.

I Zoomed today with my two high school chums. We caught up on each other's Christmases and our winter plans (or lack thereof, in my case). It's always fun to see them even on the computer screen since one lives in Indiana and the other lives in Minnesota.

It got up to 30 today. Balmy! It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Boo.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Don't forget that you are the "Crazy Writing Person Who Also Knits & Sews." You haven't been sewing at all. You'll have to change your title and substitute "Draws" for "Sews." I love your drawings as much as I always did the cute tops you made.