Sunday, January 30, 2022

One

I saw one bird today. One. And it hid in the shadow of the platform feeder but I took its picture anyway and I'm sharing it with you. I wish I knew what brings the birds and squirrels one day and not another but I can't figure it out. Sunny or gray? Cold or frigid? Windy or calm? There's no rhyme or reason to when they show up. The rabbits are the only reliable ones and even if I don't see them I see their droppings multiply.



Today was a kind of a blah day for me. I watched the watercolor videos again hoping for inspiration and I sketched out a possible fish picture for another day. It seems I can draw fish pretty well so that's something.


I turned to a couple blank pages in the watercolor sketchbook and painted some more scissors, not as successfully as the first time but not too bad. I tried adding a few little fish and birds but the one bird on top of the scissors ended up looking kind of like a ferret. But it's a bird--because I say so.

 

I added a couple inches to the Black & White Sock foot but it looks mostly the same so I didn't take its picture.

Today's toss was a couple books of diving stories. Those were easy to put in the box. Not so much sentiment attached to them.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Its hard enough to spell scissors -- let alone drawing them. But you did well -- spelling and drawing. And I do see the ferret, err bird on that one!