Saturday, January 8, 2022

More!

A pair of House Finches came to the platform feeder this morning. I interrupted my yoga practice to take a picture, a better picture than yesterday's pitiful effort.



Then I noticed another bird flying in and it turned out to be a Downy Woodpecker landing on the tube feeder. It stayed there long enough for me to take its picture before it flew away.



The white-bellied squirrel found the peanuts this afternoon and spent an hour doing its best to empty the wreath feeder. I don't think it managed but it wasn't for lack of trying. 



Watercolor was a challenge today. We were to draw a paper airplane (aeroplane, she said, the teacher's British) so I had to fold one to have something to paint. I did okay, not great, but not too bad. The paint went a couple places off the lines but I'm learning.


I watched the first lesson of the next unit and she taught us to make our own color wheel mixing our own colors (colours) with the three primary colors (red, yellow, blue). I enjoyed mixing the colors and trying to get them the way I wanted them to look. More fun than going out to buy a color wheel (but I know I have one here somewhere).



Today's toss was spatulas, lots and lots of spatulas. I'm going to count this for a few days' tosses. It's a lot. Don't worry, I kept a bunch of them.

I didn't even think to pull out the prompt book today. Maybe tomorrow. I did pull out the Investment Cooking recipes I want to make next week and made the shopping list. I'll go to the store tomorrow during the football game so there should be fewer people there. Fewer people is good since I found out today that my neighbors both have Covid but fairly mild cases.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Great gallery of pictures today. Your airplane is outstanding and I'm giving you an A++. Also love all the wildlife in the backyard. You're keeping them all well fed.