Friday, January 7, 2022

I Filled The Feeders

And two House Finches came! This is a terrible picture but there are two birds there. Really. They didn't stay long but at least they came and I saw them.




Then a squirrel leaped up onto the suet cakes and hunkered down on the ground below the feeder to eat its prize which was a paw full of suet. See how fat and fluffy it is? Gotta keep packing on the fat to stay warm. I feel the same biological imperative and am trying to battle against it but not having much luck.


Drawing today was kind of fun. It's a dog driving some sort of vehicle. There's supposed to be another dog in the center position but it just didn't look right to me so I left it off.


 


The painting lesson today was called Flurry Blurry and involved making parts of the paper wet and then dabbing in paint to see how it moves in the wet. My circles weren't as interesting as hers were. I think I made mine too wet and my paint too thick. Hey, it's a learning experience.


 

Then she had us make wet patches on sketchbook pages, dab in paint, and let it dry. The idea was to see what the blobs looked like, kind of like seeing shapes in the clouds, then making marks to turn the blobs into characters. I turned about half into people and half into critters. Some of them are upside down and others I haven't figured out what they are but it was an interesting exercise.


I worked on the DK Shawl at Friday Night Knitting tonight but it looks about the same so I didn't take a picture. I'm hoping to have enough yarn to finish it. Things are looking like I might run short.

Today's toss was a couple spatulas. I sorted through all of them that I had in the basement and have a bag of them to donate so I dipped into the bag and pulled out a few. I'll dole them out over a few days so I don't have to go searching for more stuff to toss so soon.

I neglected to do the prompt today. My Women's Spirit writing group met since we didn't go to The Clearing so I did a prompt writing with them about "shadows make us whole" which is a lyric in a song by Carrie Newcomer. 

Next week is a cooking week again. How does six weeks speed by? Anyway, there isn't a home football game so maybe I can go to the grocery on Sunday when it's supposed to be 14 and sunny instead of on Monday when it's supposed to be 5 and dreary. I'll bundle up. And wear my new N95 mask.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That is one fat squirrel. He should be thanking you for keeping him so well fed.