Wednesday, January 5, 2022

No Critters

On this snowy, windy day the birds stayed away and only a couple squirrels visited the suet cakes and I didn't get one picture. The snow fell all day and the wind never really let up so the light and fluffy flakes flew around. It made it easy to shovel the driveway which I did by hand because I'd have been blowing the snow into my own face with the snowblower since the neighbors were home and their car was in the driveway. I was even able to shovel the plow drift, that's how light the snow was.



I got brave this morning, sat in the living room, and drew the plant table in front of the window. I didn't do too badly, if I do say so myself. The 3-D lesson today was the letter D five different ways.



A few weeks ago my writing pal, MH, sent me a link to a watercolor class that was on sale on the website Domestika. I signed up and started gathering supplies. I had watercolors and brushes but needed a watercolor sketchbook, some tracing paper, and liquid watercolor inks. After shoveling and going to the grocery this afternoon I decided to jump in. The first lesson was learning about the marks your brushes make. I meant to use red paint but this turned out to be pinker than I thought. Oh well. I watched the next lesson and it's more prep work so I guess I'll tackle it tomorrow.


Today's toss was the remaining half of a 3 lb. can of Folger's coffee that's been hanging around here since Durwood passed. I caught sight of it downstairs and for the life of me can't figure out why I kept it since I only drink decaf and it's caff. Out!

The prompt today asked what was the best piece of advice you were ever given. Own up to your mistakes. Admit you screwed up and apologize. Usually people don't expect you to be honest about it and are so surprised that your punishment is less. Say sorry. Works like a charm.

I was surprised at how easily I shoveled the snow today. I think I'm in terrible shape but evidently I'm better than I thought. Nice.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Best advice I was ever given was from Mother. This was when she was living in the nursing home in Miami and had her wonderful friend/companion - Olaf. He was such a gentleman. She told me then "Keep yourself pretty honey. It pays off when you get old." I think it worked for me. Paul is certainly my pay-off!!