Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Cooking Up A Storm

Today I made two more recipes. First thing I got the slow cooker upstairs and put the bag inside it. (Do you use those? They're amazing. They keep everything contained and you don't have to chisel off the cooked on food at clean up time.) Then I chopped and stirred and got the Chicken Cacciatore in to cook. (Oh yeah, first I set a pan of brown rice to simmering.)



After my shower (no photos!) I put together a pan of Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls which is kind of ground turkey stew with onions, cabbage, tomatoes, and garlic. It only cooks for about 30 minutes so it's a quick and easy one.


A Chickadee posed for me today. It sat there while I fumbled with the camera and snapped the picture.


 


This squirrel got a little confused. It leaped up from the ground and grabbed onto the tube feeder which promptly closed so that it could smell the seed but not get to the seed. Here's it's looking over at another squirrel on the suet cakes enjoying a snack. It dropped to the ground almost immediately and tried to oust the one on the suet cakes. Didn't work.


Today's watercolor exercise involved tracing off geometric shapes and using the color palettes that we'd made from the photographs to paint the shapes. I should have swapped the yellow and the black on the page on the left because it's too much black for the small shapes but it was a fun and interesting exercise. I was surprised that you can still see a bit of the pink through the black where they overlap. Well, you can in person.



My drawing today was partially satisfying. I like the dog but the dragon not so much. It seemed like the dog was a snap to draw but I erased and redrew a zillion times on the dragon.



This evening I got to the halfway point on the Sunset Washcloth and now I get to start decreasing back down to three stitches to complete the square. Downhill!


Today's toss were some old hunting socks of Durwood's that I found in a sack in the basement. There were more spatulas under the socks but I'm saving those to toss tomorrow. I have a lot of spatulas!

Didn't open the prompt book again today. I was busy with a whole lot of other things plus I must have washed my hands two dozen times today. Raw chicken, you know.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, I would choose a dog over a dragon any day. But they're both pretty cute. Your watercolors look very pretty and your culinary efforts sound and look wonderful.