Saturday, December 11, 2021

Not So Much

We got snow overnight. And sleet. And freezing rain. But not as much as predicted and the snow fell first so the sleet and freezing rain fell on top of that. When I was out with the snowblower clearing the plow drift I didn't do as good a job as I usually do because the street was so slick I could barely keep my feet under me. I got quickly back onto the snowy part of the driveway where I could stand without falling down. I'm too old to fall down.



All of the birds stayed away this morning except for this lone Junco that came to peck around in the seed fallen from the tube feeder. Juncos are ground feeders so they rely on other birds, like the Sparrows, to knock seed down on the ground for them. New snow gets in the way so they've learned to push the snow out of the way to get to the seed.


I was pleased to see that today's object to draw was a Teddy Bear. It took me longer to draw it than the 30 minutes allotted but I enjoyed it and think it turned out pretty well. The bonus challenge was a cartoon combo of a bear and a unicorn. Very odd but it's kind of the teacher's trademark drawing, at least that's what he says when he introduces it.



This evening I decided to start another hat for charity. I need a no-thinking hat to knit for the last Guild meeting coming up on Thursday evening so I dug out a 2 hour hat pattern, some biggish needles, some bulky yarn, and got going. Then I ripped it out after three rounds, cast on 10 fewer stitches, and started again so I didn't get as far as I had hoped but it's a start.


I didn't find anything to toss today, I guess because I spent so much time blowing snow or maybe because I just wasn't in the mood.

The prompt today said what should you own up to. Your mistakes. People don't expect you to own up to your mistakes and apologize for them. Often they are so surprised they forget to punish you for making the mistake. Besides it's just easier to say "I did it," take your lumps, and move on.

Writing was hard today. My train of thought kept getting derailed and I struggled to make my word count goal but I eventually managed. I'm up over 70k words now.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Do Not Fall Down!!! That is my mantra == especially since I took a tumble in the living room last year and broke my foot. My foot still hurts! Nice shot of the junco in the snow. And the snow looks pretty there in your back yard -- especially to us Floridians.