Thursday, December 30, 2021

Nothing

See this empty driveway? There's supposed to be a car with Kentucky plates parked there but because of the stupid pandemic my driveway is empty and will stay that way indefinitely. Dammit.



I spent most of the day moping at the kitchen table looking out the window and this late afternoon squirrel was the only wildlife I spotted. No birds, only this squirrel, not even a random rabbit. Maybe someone put something more appealing out for the birdies?



Drawing was fun today. It's a coral reef. I think I could get into this.



The Christmas cactus blossom is in its full glory these days. It'll be short-lived I'm sure but I am enjoying it while it lasts.



Today's toss was season 2 of Bones.

The prompt today asked what makes you nervous? Stairs. Stairs make me nervous. I always think that I'm going to stumble up or fall down them so I always use the handrail. I'm leery of stairs with no railing.

Another blow came when I got an email from the organizer saying that next weekend's writing retreat was cancelled because it just isn't safe. I understand but I was really looking forward to being with my writing friends for a couple days--and getting to tend the fireplace. I got invited to supper at DS's house tonight even though DD didn't make it. It was great to be with family on such a tough day. We had a nice ham supper and then we went to Lambeau Field to see the short (7 minute), free, laser light and fireworks show that they project on the side of the stadium. It was cold standing outside but it was fun to see and be with the kids.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

At least you got to be with the hometown kids but I'm still SO disappointed for you that DD couldn't come. I was worried about her driving in bad weather but never thought she'd have to turn back. Rotten way to end this rotten year. 2022 just has to be better.