Thursday, December 2, 2021

I Bought Myself A Present

I know it isn't Christmas yet but it is December. I had a coupon for free frames from Eyemart Express so when I was down that way this morning I stopped by just to look. I found some that I couldn't resist. They're red and blue and green and striped--everything I've been looking for in glasses frames. I have three plain pairs and now I have some fancy ones. Merry Christmas from me to me!



I wasn't home much today to see if any interesting birds stopped by. These House Finches were enjoying the safflower seeds in the platform feeder. Naturally they ducked back into the shadows just as I snapped the picture but at least there's a bird picture for the day.



Today's lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Seconds was Arches so I drew rows of arches in ones and threes and sevens and nines. I tried and tried to draw them in a spiral but used up more eraser than graphite on that one. I finally gave up and moved on.



Then I copied the mountainous arches of one of the Embellishments! pictures. It was fun to draw.



I took the last of the knitting books down to the library to donate them. I waited all week for the Maintenance Dept. to return my call about them and when I called this afternoon the lady said that I didn't need an appointment, that I could just come on down and they would help me. Sheesh! Get your stories straight, people. Ah well, it's done now.

Today's toss was a red wool jacket that I really like, hardly every wore, and doesn't fit me anymore. Bye bye, red jacket.

The prompt today said to write a joke about a shopkeeper and a thief. I got nothing.

I wrote another novel segment today. As long as my fingers keep moving on the keys every day I'm going to sit here and pound out the words. This may not be the Great American Novel or anything close to it but it's something, I just don't know what that is yet.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love your new glasses. Free frames are usually plain but those are irresistible -- and a perfect Christmas present to yourself.