Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Peanuts

It was so warm today (52 degrees) that all of the snow has melted. I even went out and shoveled all of the ice and snow off the patio. That meant that it was easy to fill the feeders which brought the Bluejays. Hooray!



I filled the safflower seeds on the platform feeder and that brought a Cardinal male and then a female. For a split second there was a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets but barely long enough to be seen let alone photographed. Oh, and there was a momentary visit by a Downy Woodpecker too but it stayed on the backside of the tube feeder so I never got a picture of that either.


The drawing today was a scallop shell with a pearl. It was pretty easy to draw but I think sometimes he shades the drawing too much and makes it too dark. I cut back a little bit and like it better but feel like a bad student. One of these days I hope to stop being so rule bound.


Today's toss was a package of Christmas cards that I bought at a thrift store years ago and thought they were funny but now I'm not so amused. Goodbye.

I didn't do the prompt today and barely wrote, getting fewer than 1000 words down before I ran out of steam.

I did do three loads of laundry and wrapped all of the Christmas gifts and a couple birthday gifts too. I'm glad to have that job done.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Count the day as well spent any time your do three loads of laundry. That's a lot of up and down the basement stairs. Glad the snow is out of there and the birds are back.