Monday, December 27, 2021

On My Toes

I had an assistant today who kept me on my toes all day.  We drew pictures.  His is better than mine. A school friend wants to be a vet so he made a picture for her. He has such a warm heart.



I drew a cow and a mule out of Yertle the Turtle by Dr. Seuss. Not imaginative at all.


The Christmas cactus is blooming as of today.  I am confident that this will be the only flower to open on it again this year but I am happy with one. Way better than none.



We played outside in the new, wet snow. He discovered the snow pile of the office building behind the house and had a grand time climbing to the top and sliding down. He threatened to fly down but I dissuaded him. People who are 5 are daredevils. We played so hard all day that he fell asleep on the way home. Good thing DS was there to carry him into the house.


I didn't knit or toss (actually he un-tossed a bendy Santa that he spent hours playing with) or write a prompt, I just enjoyed my company. And made cornbread, carrot, cheddar waffles for lunch, by request. An excellent day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like a banner day with your energetic companion. Good you persuaded him not to fly down the snow pile. But at his age, anything is possible. We had a nice visit with Ben and the boys -- quick one, but that works for us. Somehow it seems easier to entertain a five-year-old than two teenagers. They are attached to their phones.