Saturday, December 25, 2021

Elf Shoes

In honor of Christmas, I wore my favorite shoes. They're a pair of Converse All-Star high-tops that I got from a shoe store tent sale over twenty years ago. They're green and red with red and white stripes on the underside of the tongues, red and green plaid shoestrings, and jingle bells hanging from the backs. They used to embarrass my daughter to the max but she's gotten over that, now I bet she wishes she had some.



Today's first drawing from the 3-D book was a bee flying in front of a tree with a hive in it. I liked drawing it. I have to practice drawing it because a B is my initial, so I have an affinity for bees.


 

The second drawings were from the next lesson in the Draw Squad book. More practice.



This morning the fog had dissipated, it was sunny, and the Cardinal came to call. It kept its head tucked down but I managed to get one shot where you can see more than its back and tail.



Today's toss was another DVD. It feels good to get rid of them.

The prompt today said that you buy a frame in a thrift store and find a secret message written on the back. What does it say? "Meet me at the gazebo at 11." Who wrote it? I have no clue. I tried to get something going but it just fizzled.

I had a good day. I texted a lot of friends to wish them Merry Christmas, I talked to Aunt B and DD, and went over to DS's for gifts and supper and visiting. A good day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Remember that little box of ephemera that I gave you years ago? The clippings of someone's elopement or wedding or something? Calling cards from Hong Kong? Or am I imagining that? I love your Christmas hi-tops and wish I had some. Loved talking with you yesterday. My favorite Christmas gift! XXXXX