Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Two Birds

 I saw a Cardinal on the feeder this morning so I quick snapped a picture. It was only when I was cropping it that I noticed there were two Cardinals, one male on the feeder and one female waiting alongside. She came back later for a solo appearance.



Then a Downy Woodpecker settled onto the suet pellets for a snack. Another one also visited the suet cakes but I suspect that they're frozen pretty solid which would make for some pretty hard pecking.


Today's drawing lesson was a Tree Frog. I was more than a little intimidated by it when I turned the page on the iPad to see what I got to draw today. Usually I finish the drawing in a lot less than the 30 minutes he says it should take but today I wasn't finished when the timer went off. Almost but not quite, not that it really matters how long it takes me but I like to follow the rules. That right there is part of my creativity problem, I'm a rule follower.



I finished O's Red Hat today. I really like the way it turned out. Now to see if O likes it.


But first I need to knit one for LC. I started it today. There will be less of the purple sparkly on her hat because that skein was 10 yards shorter than the red one. Whose stupid idea was that?



There was nearly a squirrel war in the backyard today. This squirrel was on the cob corn and two others came over to wait for a turn and the one on the crook was making a "go away" grunt that was loud enough for me to hear in the house. It was really not willing to share. The other two went away.


 

Today's toss was a pair of black wool knitted lounge pants that I am sad to see go but they no longer fit. I'm tempted to try them on one more time just in case they've changed sizes...

The prompt said to write about a chance encounter in an airport. I got my characters in the same gate area but ran out of page before they had a chance to speak. Oh well, such is life, full of missed opportunities.

I wrote another five pages of story today. I worked to put more sensory detail in but since it was an underwater scene (again) opportunities were limited.

WW changed their plan a couple weeks ago and suddenly things that had been zero points now had points so my carefully planned meals weren't counting the same as they used to. I went online to see if I couldn't ask why and figured out that I could change my personal plan by retaking the survey. I did that and things like chickpeas, lentils, and eggs went back to being zero points but my daily points allowance went from 23 to 18. Are they trying to sabotage me? I think I'll just stick with eating the way I have been and let the points fall where they may. So frustrating.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Picture perfect pictures today. Each one better than the last. If O doesn't love that hat, I'll be surprised. It's one of your best. And what's with WW changing points? How can a chickpea be a certain number one day and a different one the next? Not right. Glad you're sticking with what you know. It certainly works for you.