Sunday, December 19, 2021

Now I Did

I made sure to take a picture of the lightly snow covered patio this morning just in case the sun came out and melted the snow again. It didn't and we have a bonus of tiny footprints in the snow. You can see the bunny tracks and the squirrel tracks, the bird tracks and the mouse tracks are harder to see if not impossible but, trust me, they're there.


Once again I went to knit at Zambaldi with friends and was sure I would remember to take a picture of my knitting and glass of beer (just to prove that I really drink a beer) and once again I forgot. Grr. We had a nice afternoon. DM's son VM came too because he's a knitter and was having trouble with a pattern. DM bought us a lunch pizza, CS and I bought the beers.




I knitted on my Charisma hat and got up to the crown decreases. I'll tackle that part tomorrow maybe. I'm still not sure that I'll keep going with that shawl. I looked at the projects in Ravelry and I'm not impressed. Maybe I'll rip it out and start something else.



I think my drawing is getting worse instead of better. I finished up with the A figures in the 3-D book today and nearly put the book away in favor of redrawing out of one of the ones I've already been through. Then I read part of the introduction where he talks about how we've had the creativity crushed out of us and that adults have lost their creative bravery so I got the book out again and worked on the asteroid drawing again. I'm still not thrilled with it but I'll keep going. I heard or read somewhere that a little girl said that all you have to do is think of something and then draw a line around it. Sounds so simple, doesn't it?



Since I filled the feeders the other day the squirrels are busy working to empty the suet pellets. There's usually one hanging around when I look out there throughout the day.



Today's toss was a CD that went along with the Custer's Last Stand book that I tossed yesterday.

I didn't do the prompt today and I didn't write either. I just wasn't in the mood. Must be the beer.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Lots of wildlife in your backyard. The tracks in the snow and the hanging squirrel prove it. One thing about knitting -- if you don't like where it's going, you can just rip it out and make something else. Not like a dress pattern where you've already cut out and sewed half of it.