Thursday, December 16, 2021

Almost Blown Away

 It was very windy today--and cold. I had to go outside to show the repairman the rental side garage door opener that was broken (and had to be replaced) and even though I had on my coat the wind cut through it like a knife.

 

I was surprised to see this squirrel be able to keep its balance on the crook by the cob corn. Its tail kept blowing out to the side like a pennant but it managed to keep its balance and nibble away. The birds very wisely stayed in their protected places and didn't fly to the feeders today, not that I saw anyway.



Today's lesson was the last one in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes and it was ballet slippers. Toe shoes, actually, and the most challenging part was the ribbons. I did a lot of erasing but they turned out okay. Luckily I have another drawing book to dive into tomorrow.


I was washing some dishes this afternoon and saw the moon come peeking out between the bare branches of a tree in the next backyard.


 


Tonight was the last meeting of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild. We exchanged Christmas ornaments and drew prizes for completing projects that had been put aside. My ornament is this cute Santa pocket with candy canes in it.


Once the prizes were handed out we knitted a bit and chatted. I worked on the Charisma 2 Hour Hat which will take me much longer than 2 hours because I'm not using the jumbo yarn and big needles that the pattern calls for.


Today's toss was a stuffed Santa.

Once again I neglected to do the prompt but I did manage to write 1100+ words while waiting for the garage door fixit guy to come back to do the work. He came just after lunch hoping to be able to repair it but discovered soon enough that it was unrepairable so he said he might come back and he did. Hooray!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the shot of the moon through the branches. Very arty. It is so warm down here. Christmas Day high predicted -- 80!! That is so wrong -- even for Florida.