Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Cardinals

Today I saw both Cardinals. First the female spent quite a bit of time on the platform feeder. She even allowed House Finches and Chickadees to share the space with her. She's much nicer than the male.

 


The male Cardinal showed up too but only stayed for a second. I got the camera up and was just ready to make the shot when he flew off toward the Adirondack chair. I craned my neck and there he was on the leg of the chair. I was quick enough to catch him there. You can just see the red of his head in this picture.


Last night's snow was the light, powdery kind, easy to shovel and terrible for snowballs and snowmen. The retaining wall looked like it had lines of frosting on the rows of blocks until the sun got strong enough to melt it just enough for the snow to fall away.



Today's drawing was of a cloud cottage. I made it too small for adding many extras but I was happier with my clouds this time.

 

 

I've added two more sections onto the DK Shawl. The eyelets and the chain stitches are nearly invisible but, trust me, they're there and they look good. They aren't too hard to make either.


Today's toss was Season 1 of Bones. I don't know why I bought five seasons of that show. I loved it when it was airing but have no desire to rewatch. So I'll be tossing one season a day for the next four days because I only have to toss one thing a day.

The prompt today said to write a short story about a case of mistaken identity. That wasn't hard. "Hey, Harve, how've you been?" "I'm not Harve, I'm Jerry." "Nice try, Harve, but I'd know my old pal anywhere." It went on but nothing original there.

I just got off the phone with DD. She got to Lafayette, IN only to discover that the person who watched her little boy today was exposed to COVID so she's going to turn around and go home. I am in tears. I was so looking forward to this weekend with her. I miss her so much but it's too great a risk. Dammit.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

No, No, No! I can't bear it that she isn't coming. I'm in tears for you. Damnit all. Not fair. Not fair at all.