Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Fly Away

I'm trying to decide what makes Sparrows fly away all of a sudden. This morning a flock of them gathered around three Mourning Doves. They were all contentedly pecking away at the fallen seed so I decided to take a picture. Just as I pressed the shutter button the Sparrows took flight. You can see two of them on the right side of the photo. The Doves didn't even look around. It was like the Sparrows all heard a signal and took off and the Doves were clueless. Admittedly Doves seem mostly clueless but I just wonder what sets the Sparrows off.



There are no suet pellets left in the feeder but that didn't deter this squirrel from leaping up and hanging on to nibble away at crumbs. I was thinking I'd go out and fill up the feeders but didn't get around it it today. Maybe tomorrow.


Today's drawing and Bonus Challenge were both exercises in drawing perspective. He had us draw a book, not head on but lying on its side so he had to figure out lines and dots and vanishing points. It all eventually made sense but I think I'll have to go through the steps a bunch more times before it will be something that I can do on my own.



I managed a bit of writing today. Not a full 1677 words but enough that it counts. I've been keeping a list of character names and small facts so that I don't contradict myself and remember people when and if they come back into the story.



After supper I sat on the couch and watched the holiday Great British Baking Show episodes and knitted a bit on my second Rainbow Beanie. I would have gotten farther in the hat if I'd left the TV off and just listened to an audiobook.


Today's toss was a little moose Christmas stuffie. It isn't very snuggly because it has a picky wreath and its scarf has a wire in it. If it had been snuggly I'd have kept it. Maybe.

The prompt today asked what's behind the magic door. Words. Words are magic and open doors to the world.

I got smart this morning and bagged up about half of the Party Mix and took one bag over to DS and boxed up another to mail to DD. Once again I tried to do the Click 'n Ship thing on the USPS website and once again I got all the way through it, including paying, and it wouldn't print. So once again I have paid twice to mail a package and the lady at the branch post office couldn't help me. Arrrgh! I'm going to try again tomorrow at the main post office to figure out how to get a refund but in the future I'll just go there to mail things and not try to do it myself.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Good luck getting a refund from the post office. The worst the can do is say no! Like your picture of the birds flying away. Nice action shot!