Monday, December 6, 2021

The Last

Today's was the 12th and last lesson in You Can Draw In 30 Seconds and was Roots. He had you draw the bottom of a tree with roots that spread out on the ground like a fig tree over and over. The last picture was a giant tree with a loooooong squirrel's tail weaving through knotholes and out onto the ground but no squirrel.



It was terribly windy today. In the morning there were no birds and no squirrels but finally a pair of Sparrow came flapping to the feeder and managed to land there. If you look at the platform feeder above the tube feeder you can see how far it was swinging in the wind.


Then one of the brave squirrels climbed up to the suet pellets and had a nice nibble while swinging in the gusts. I don't know how it held on without getting seasick.



To keep from crocheting more snowballs I found a pattern and cast on a hat with the remaining red Thick & Quick yarn. I started the hat and when I was about twelve rounds into it I thought that it was a good idea to make the pompom so that I'd have enough yarn for it. Don't want to end up with a wimpy pompom.  Now I've knitted up all of the red yarn and I'll add on some wheat colored yarn of the same brand--because that's what I have on hand.

 

Since it's December and it snowed yesterday I took down the autumn door decoration and put up a winter one. Not a Christmas one yet because I'm just not ready to face that yet (although I have my Christmas shopping done, I think). This wreath is too white to really show on the white front door but I like it so I'm keeping it up.


Today's toss was another compact umbrella that I think used to be Mom's. Anyway it was in the closet where I parked my snowblowing hat and mittens. Things just keep turning up.

The prompt today said to write a letter to yourself 10 years in the future. My main hope was that I'd still be alive in 10 years. I had a few more hopes and dreams but that was the big one.

Today was the St. Agnes class of '65 lunch. There were 8 of us. I had my usual cheeseburger and sweet potato fries.

Today's novel segment was a rewrite of part of yesterday's dive. I realized that I'd written another no stress, no conflict scene so I circled back and added a little hiccup. Nothing big but irritating. I also realized that I've been lax incorporating sensory details in my writing. I have to remember tastes and smells and feelings along with sights.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love your winter wreath. I'm ready for Christmas. Got packages in the mail yesterday! Very early for me but glad it's done.