Sunday, December 12, 2021

Mm, Soup

I put the lentil soup makings in the slow cooker this morning and by suppertime I had a cauldron of delicious smelling, good for you, stick to the ribs lentil soup with carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, and Canadian bacon. I had a cupful for supper. Yep, delicious.



The female Cardinal came to the feeder this morning for a snack. She's not as selfish as the male. She will tolerate a Chickadee darting in for a seed or a House Finch poking through to find the right seed.


I dragged the tree and the bin of ornaments upstairs yesterday and this morning I put the tree together and put the seashell star on top. I have to do the top first because I'm not tall enough to put it on at the end like you're supposed to do. With the tree standing on the table and the topper on it's about a quarter inch from touching the ceiling. My old tree was about six inches shorter and it made all the difference but I had the devil of a time finding a replacement wire tree so beggars can't be choosers. I got what I got. When this one goes kaput I suspect that my Christmas tree days will be over. That's okay. I put on a few ornaments and will get some help tomorrow afternoon to finish the job.



The squirrels are determined to nibble away at the suet pellets. It seems like one or another of them is always on there, the greedy little tree rats.


I was knitting on the Charisma 2 Hour hat this evening, pulled out more yarn, and there came a knot. Dammit. More often than not lately a skein will have a knot in it. You can't just knit it in, you have to cut out the knot and start with the new end and then weave in the tails when you're done. It's a pain and the colors don't continue the same. Frustrating.



The drawing today, well, I just couldn't believe it. It's a grocery bag. A brown paper sack. He went on about shading and shadows like this was some work of art. It's a paper bag. And I thought the blender was disappointing.


Today's toss was a wooden yoga carving.

The prompt today asked who you would like to bring back from the dead. I said Durwood, of course, but healthy Durwood. He's who I always want back.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Discovering a yarn in the middle of a skein is just wrong. They should warn you on the label that it's in there somewhere before your start a project. I'm lodging a complaint with someone! But first I'd like a big bowl of that soup.