Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Only Half Red

 I decided to backtrack a couple rounds on OJ's red hat and alternate two rounds of wheat with the last two rounds of red, just for interest. I have a few rounds to go before pulling the stitches together and adding the big red pompom. I'm afraid that I won't have enough of the purple sparkle yarn for a decent hat for LC but I'm going to give it a try. I guess I can always go and buy another skein of yarn but that kind of defeats the purpose of using up every inch.



One of the squirrels had a fine time stretching down for a corn kernel and then sitting up on top of the crook to nibble it before reaching down for another one.



Today's drawing lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes was a wine bottle. I thought it was a lame thing to draw but I have to say that I enjoyed drawing it and shading it so that it looks almost like a real wine bottle.



The bonus challenge was to draw a wine glass. I don't think that was as successful an effort.


This morning I went down to Zambaldi Beer to visit DS and he was brewing a batch of Maple Brown Ale. Brewing beer smells a lot like baking bread so it's a very pleasant experience. It was nice to visit with DS for an hour or so on such a frigid morning. It was 5 degrees when I got into my car to come home. Brr.


Today's toss was a cotton sweatshirt sweater that I hardly ever wear. It's just too cold for a cotton sweater.

The prompt said that you were locked in a museum at night. What do you do? Easy. I'd find a phone and call for help then camp out by the entrance until somebody came. 

The furnace tune-up guy came just after noon and got both my and the rental side's furnaces all checked over, filter replaced, and ready for the long winter. He was the nicest, friendliest guy I think has come in all the years we've had Van's do the service. Now that the furnaces are all in shape the renter texted to say that their garage door is acting up. If it's not one thing, it's another.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Five degrees? You were brave to go out. But a visit with your boy is the very best reason to venture out. Even in that sterile brewery, it sounded cozy what with that bread-like smell.