Friday, December 10, 2021

Snowy Night

The promised snow didn't start until about seven o'clock this evening and it didn't last long. I don't think it's going to miss us though, they're promising that this is the beginning of about 6 inches of new snow overnight. Goodie. And I hear that it's supposed to be in the 50s on Wednesday. Crazy.



The Cardinal came alone to the platform feeder this morning. As it usually does, it shooed away any and all comers. Cardinals don't share.


There was a pretty big flock of skittish Sparrows pecking in the snow under the tube feeder this morning but every time I picked up the camera to take their picture they flew off. So I held the camera and waited for them to gather. This is about half of the flock but I got tired of waiting.



I thought dice was an oddball thing to draw yesterday but today's lesson was a blender. A blender! Really? There was a lot of what he calls holding shapes to draw and then erase and it took me forty minutes to draw it instead of thirty but I did it. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished LC's purple hat. There's a lot more Fisherman colored yarn (the creamy stuff) than the purple stuff but I like it. I decided to decrease the top a bit so it's a little pointier than the red one but I think it turned out okay. I have about 3 yards of the Fisherman left but I couldn't keep going, it was getting too pointy already.


Today I took the tosses to Goodwill and added a couple Le Creuset lids. I feel bad that I forgot to take them when I took the pots but maybe the person who bought the pots will come back and buy the lids.

The prompt today asked what is the oddest phobia you know. I picked agoraphobia, the fear of open spaces, because I think that would be the most life limiting. Imagine not being about to be out of your house.

Still pounding out my daily 4 1/2 pages of writing. Still not too sure of where the story is going but I'm not giving up.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your story is like life -- sometimes we don't know where it's going. And maybe that's a good thing. We can tell ourselves it's adventure all along the way -- some good ones and some not so good -- but hey, that's life!