Saturday, December 18, 2021

Well I Thought I Did

I thought I took a picture of the little bit of snow that we got today, of the paltry amount that the snow flurries deposited on the patio. It was enough to cover the concrete but not enough to cover the grass. I thought I took a picture but when I looked at the SD card it turns out that I didn't. Oh well. Imagine a light dusting of snow.



I started drawing from the new Mark Kistler 3-D book today. The letter today was A and I drew a bunch of them, then I drew 2 ants and an apple with a worm. I don't think I'm done with A but I ran out of energy.




I've been knitting hats a lot lately and I thought that I should find something else to knit. Maybe a shawl so I dug around and found some yarn and then looked for a pattern. I found the yarn and a pattern but I don't think that it's the right one. This is almost 20 rows, it's barely over an inch and a half long and there are only 60 rows in the pattern so unless the yarn or the needles perform some sort of magical transformation I think I'm doing something wrong.



While I waited for the garage door guy to stop by to reprogram the renters' remotes I made a pompom for the Rainbow Beanie that I finished knitting last night. I have about a foot of yarn left and that's only because I was going to use it to tie the pompom but the yarn broke when I tightened it so I had to use embroidery floss. Much stronger.

 

 

The garage door guy said he'd be here around 8 or 8:30. I called him at 9 to ask if he had gotten hung up, left a message, and he arrived at 10 which means I didn't have to set my alarm for 7 o'clock after all. Oh well.

Today's toss was a booklet about Custer's Last Stand. It was Durwood's.

The prompt today said to write about two people who don't understand each other. Ha, I could write about any man and woman

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That hat is one of your best. Love the pompom. Perfect finishing touch. Still pretty warm down here but we aren't complaining.