Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Peanuts!

Yesterday I filled the peanut wreath late in the afternoon so there were peanuts left when I got up this morning. That gave a couple Bluejays the opportunity to swoop in to nab a nut and swoop off. They're so fast that I was lucky to get this one shot. It's a little blurry but it'll do.



The squirrels made sure that they got the lion's share of the peanuts. I saw this one knock one onto the ground, scamper off with one in its mouth, and then come back for the fallen one that it buried in the snow off to the side.


I'm working my way through the Cs in the 3-D drawing book and drew a cartoonist today. I wasn't very inspired by this image but I stuck to it and drew it.




Then I drew the six figures in the next lesson in the Draw Squad book. Like I said before, practice.


DS called this afternoon that he was going to have to sit at a car fixit place a mile or so from here so he asked if I'd come pick him up so that he could read his book in comfort at my house instead of in a hard molded plastic chair there. Of course, I would. When I was coming home from returning him to his car it started to snow--again. This time it's light and fluffy stuff, not heavy and wet like it was night before last. Much easier to move off the driveway.


I worked on the DK Shawl some this evening but it doesn't look very different from the last time I showed it to you so I didn't take a picture.

Today's toss was another DVD. I sat and went through the DVDs and realized that I have quite a collection of them that I probably won't watch again. Makes for easy tossing decisions.

I forgot about the prompt today but I did run the dust rag and vacuum around the place. I'll clean the bathroom and wash dishes tomorrow then I'll be ready for DD's arrival on Thursday. Yay!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

DD's visit is making Christmas last a long time for you -- and that's a good thing. I'm so glad you're going to have that girl time together to start the New Year right.