Sunday, December 5, 2021

Ugh

I guess I shouldn't be negative about it but we woke up to about 2" of wet heavy snow. I know it's December and supposed to be cold and snowy but I think I'm spoiled by the relatively mild weather we've had so far. This snow is going to stick around because the temps are supposed to sink into the teens and single digits in a few days. Yippee.


I went out and cleared the driveway with a pusher shovel. I didn't think it was enough snow for the snowblower. It probably was but I managed to get it all moved with minimal effort. Of course it kept snowing every so slightly for the rest of the day so there is a thin film of snow back on the driveway. I'm leaving it.


For the first time since I got my writing mojo back I didn't have an idea of where to start today so I decided to send my male character on a dive and one of the divers on the boat stepped up and made a nuisance of herself so I ended up writing onto the sixth page, the most words I've written in a day since I started up again on November 11.


The lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes today was Finger. He breaks the object into shapes, like for this one it was a circle, 2 rectangles, and three ovals. Starting like that makes it pretty easy to follow along and draw what he tells me to. Last week I finally figured out how to enlarge the example pictures so if I'm not sure what to do I can look at a picture. It's a big help.



The Bonus Challenge today was a Thumbs Up! in cartoon style. Once again I found myself more comfortable with the cartoon-y style drawing rather than the realistic one.


This evening I cast on another Rainbow Beanie hat. I'm not thrilled with the way the first one turned out, it's way too big, so I went down two needle sizes and am trying again. The first one really grew when I soaked it and blocked it so I'm hoping that this one by starting smaller will stay a more realistic size. Fingers crossed.


Today's toss was a compact umbrella. Gillette gave them away decades ago and one turned up when I was digging out a hat and mittens to wear shoveling show. I already have two umbrellas in the car and two other ones in the coat closet. I think I am well umbrella-d.

Once again I forgot to open the prompt book. Maybe because I slept until almost 9 o'clock so my day was rather compressed. I'm not sorry.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm with you -- I like the "thumbs up" better than that accusing, pointing finger! I know you aren't happy with the snow but it does look pretty and more like December.